FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

 

FAQs

What is the cost for mold inspecting and testing?

Cost varies with a number of factors: Property size, number of A/C zones, and number of stories, to name but a few. Please call for a free no-obligation quote.

Are the mold test kits sold in stores useful?
NO. The kits with petri dishes are useless. They will always return with positive mold growth because mold is always present in all indoor environments. It is essential to assess the indoor environment for issues that contribute to mold growth and to determine all the types and concentrations of molds that are actually present. The kits do not provide any of this. They do not indicate if mold is actually a problem, the type of mold present, spore concentrations, or insight about the environmental conditions.
Can my home be tested for mold?
Yes. We offer thorough professional mold inspections that involve visual examinations of the most likely areas to harbor mold. We also take air samples indoors and out to determine whether the number of spores inside your home is significantly higher. If the indoor level is higher, it could mean that mold is growing inside your home. We determine both the types of mold present and their concentrations.
Should I be concerned about mold in my home?
Yes. If indoor mold is elevated, persons in your home can be exposed to unhealthy airborne mold spores. It is possible to become sensitized to these mold spores and develop allergies or other health concerns, even if one is not normally sensitive to mold.

Left unchecked, mold growth can cause structural damage to your home as well as permanent damage to furnishings and carpet.

According to the Centers for Disease Control*, “It is not necessary, however, to determine what type of mold you may have. All molds should be treated the same with respect to potential health risks and removal.”

Exposure to mold
Everyone is exposed to some amount of mold on a daily basis, most without any apparent reaction. Generally mold spores can cause problems when they are present in large numbers and when a person inhales large quantities of them. This occurs primarily when there is active mold growth.

For some people, a small exposure to mold spores can trigger an asthma attack or lead to other health problems. For others, symptoms may only occur when exposure levels are much higher.

The health effects of mold can vary. The production of allergens or irritants can cause mild allergic reactions and asthma attacks. The production of potentially toxic mycotoxins can cause more severe reactions, and in rare cases death.

Welcome to the Melbourne Mold website. If you have any questions regarding mold at your home or business premises - we are here to help. Please call or complete the form to the right, and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.

~ Greg Bertaux

PRIVACY STATEMENT

CONTACT US

Contact Form

Mold Guide

3 + 4 =